Name of dog:
Description (sex, breed, color, weight, age):
Petfinder ID #
Name of adopter:
The aforementioned dog shall hereinafter be referred to as "the dog." The aforementioned adopter shall hereinafter be referred to as the "adopter" or "new owner." Tiny Treasures Rescue Inc. shall hereinafter be referred to as "TTR."
Any dog offered for adoption is the sole property of TTR and has been surrendered as such by prior owners or animal care facilities. To the best of TTR's knowledge this dog is not the owned property of another person. However, TTR will not be held liable for any unknown misrepresentations regarding the status of a rescued dog.
The dog's health and behavior has been accurately represented to the new owner, to the best possible knowledge of TTR. TTR can not, and does not, make any guarantees as to the health, temperament, mental disposition, or training of the dog. TTR makes no express or implied warranties of merchantability or express or implied warranties that the dog is fit for any particular purpose. TTR shall not be held liable for any illnesses or defects the dog may have or develop, or for any injury or damage that the dog may cause. The new owner hereby adopts the dog at his/her own risk.
I agree to adopt the aforementioned dog from Tiny Treasures Rescue Inc. I consent to the following terms and conditions of this adoption.
- I will care for the dog humanely. The dog will be a household companion and will live in the house. The dog will not be kept outside except for reasonable periods of time, such as for play, exercise, and to go to the bathroom. The dog will never be left outside when I am not home, even if in a fenced yard or on a tie line.
- I will provide the dog with affection, mental stimulation through play and training, socialization, and regular exercise, appropriate to his/her health and physical condition.
- I will provide the dog with a good quality dog food and fresh water, and maintain him/her at a proper weight.
- I will provide the dog with comfortable and clean bedding, and appropriate toys.
- I will groom the dog regularly, or take him/her to a professional groomer on a regular basis.
- I will always keep the dog on a leash when outside, and will only allow him/her to run loose in a securely fenced yard. I will obey all leash laws.
- I will clean up after the dog in public places, and obey all "pooper-scooper" laws.
- I will never leave the dog without proper care for more than 24 hours.
- I will never leave the dog unsupervised/unattended in any vehicle.
- I will never crate the dog for more than 8 hours at a time, and for never more than 16 hours during a 24 hour period. The dog will not remain solely in a crate while indoors. If I use a crate it will be large enough to allow the dog to sit, stand, turn around, and lie down comfortably.
- I will take the dog to the veterinarian for a check up within two weeks of the final adoption. If I am not satisfied with the dog's health I can return the dog to TTR within this two week period and my adoption donation will be returned to me. I assume all costs and expenses incurred by me while the dog is in my care, unless there is a prior written agreement which is signed by a TTR representative and myself.
- I will make sure the dog receives proper veterinary care, including but not limited to yearly vaccinations and heartworm testing, monthly heartworm prevention, flea and tick treatment if necessary, teeth cleaning as needed, regular grooming (ear cleaning, eye care, nail clipping, and proper coat care). I will seek timely veterinary care in the event of illness or injury.
- I will not have any cosmetic surgery performed on the dog that will alter or change his/her appearance in any way, shape or form (i.e. ear cropping, tail docking, debarking), unless directed by a licensed veterinarian for sufficient medical reasons relating to the health and welfare of the dog.
- I will never breed the dog if he/she has not been spayed or neutered due to age or for health reasons by the time of adoption. I will comply with all of the terms and conditions of the spay/neuter agreement.
- I will notify TTR within 2 days if the dog is seriously injured and/or permanently disfigured.
- I will not euthanize the dog without TTR's permission, unless it is necessary to seek emergency veterinary care and euthanasia is necessary to end the dog's pain and suffering. I will notify TTR within 2 days of the death of the dog, and prior to the disposal of the body.
Behavior and Training
- I will use my best judgment and take all necessary precautions to protect myself when providing daily care and training for my new dog until I have had sufficient time to become familiar with his/her personality and behavior. I will use my best judgment and take all necessary precautions when first introducing the dog to other members of my household and other family pets, as well as with new people and new situations until the dog has become fully adjusted to his/her new home. I will closely supervise all interaction with children.
- I will provide appropriate and humane behavior modification for behavioral problems including, but not limited to housebreaking accidents and urine marking, chewing, barking, digging, aggression, and biting. I will seek professional advice and/or participate in training classes if the dog exhibits behavioral problems that are beyond my ability to reasonably manage. I understand that there may be issues that may never be fully corrected.
- I will never use harsh physical discipline, and will never physically abuse the dog.
- I will never train or encourage the dog to behave in an aggressive manner for the purpose of protection.
- I will make sure the dog is always wearing proper identification.
- I will advise TTR within 10 days if I change my address and/or phone number.
- I will notify the microchip company within 2 days of any change of address, phone number, or contact person.
- If the dog is lost or stolen I will report this to the microchip company immediately, and notify TTR within 2 days. I will make every reasonable effort to recover the dog, including, but not limited to posting flyers, and contacting local shelters and veterinarians.
- I consent to follow-up contact by TTR during the entire life of the dog, and will advise TTR of the condition and adjustment of the dog.
- I consent to follow-up home visits during the entire life of the dog if deemed necessary by TTR for the purpose of determining compliance with the terms and conditions of this contract.
Transfer of Ownership
- I will never abandon the dog. I will never give, sell, or transfer ownership of the dog to another person, relative, rescue group, humane association, shelter or pound, pet store, or any medical or experimental laboratory or similar organization.
- If I need to rehome the dog in the future because of a change in my health, lifestyle or for any other reason, I will inform TTR immediately. Arrangements will be made for me to surrender the dog to a TTR representative. If I have chosen a family member or friend to care for the dog, I will advise TTR of his/her name, address, and telephone number. I understand that this person will be contacted by TTR, and that TTR must approve of this new adoption before the transfer can take place. I will advise the potential transferee of the existence of this contract, and that he/she must consent to all of the terms and conditions, and be willing to sign a new contract. I will advise the potential transferee that this contract is legally binding. If the potential transferee is a person who has been convicted of animal cruelty, neglect, or abandonment by a court of law or other governmental authority, the transfer is prohibited and shall be null and void from the beginning.
- If I transfer ownership of the dog without the knowledge and approval of TTR, I understand that TTR can reclaim the dog from the transferee and may pursue legal means to do so if necessary, and may pursue legal means to redress any harm done to the dog.
- If I am not satisfied with the health or temperament of the dog, if the dog has not made a satisfactory adjustment to my home, or if the dog does not get along with other pets in my household, or for any other reason, I can return the dog to TTR. Arrangements will be made for me to surrender the dog to a TTR representative. If I return the dog within one month of the final adoption, my adoption donation will be returned in full if I request it. If not, TTR can keep my donation as a voluntary contribution towards the continued care of the dog, or towards TTR's charitable work of rescuing, rehabilitating, and rehoming dogs.
- If I am no longer able to care for the dog properly, or for any reason, I can return the dog to TTR at anytime during his/her lifetime. Arrangements will be made for me to surrender the dog to a TTR representative. TTR will refund one half of my adoption donation if I request it. If not, TTR can keep my donation as a voluntary contribution towards the continued care of the dog, or towards TTR's charitable work of rescuing, rehabilitating, and rehoming dogs.
- If I return the dog I understand that TTR will find a new home for the dog and that I will not be given the new owner's personal information, and that my personal information will not be shared with the new owner.
- I assume all costs and expenses incurred by me while the dog is in my care, unless there is a prior written agreement which is signed by a TTR representative and myself.
- I agree to make an adoption donation to TTR in the amount of __________. Please make check payable to Tiny Treasures Rescue.
- I agree to pay a return check fee of $20 if my check is returned for insufficient funds.
- I acknowledge and agree that TTR is not selling the dog and that any donation is a voluntary contribution towards any expenses incurred by TTR in the care of the dog and making him/her ready for adoption, and towards TTR's charitable work of rescuing, rehabilitating, and rehoming dogs.
- I understand that TTR can not, and does not make any guarantees as to the health, temperament, mental disposition, and training of the dog. I understand that TTR makes no express or implied warranties of merchantability or express or implied warranties that the dog is fit for any particular purpose. I hereby adopt the dog at my own risk.
- I fully and completely release TTR, its founder and volunteers, from any and all claims and liability, including, but not limited to, any defects or illnesses the dog may have or develop, and for any injury or damage to persons, property, or other household pets, which may be caused by the dog. I further agree to indemnify and hold TTR harmless against any and all claims and liability, including, but not limited to, those asserted by third parties for any injury or damage to persons or property caused by the dog.
- I certify that all the animals in my home are current in their vaccinations and heartworm prevention. I fully and completely release TTR from any and all claims and liability for any illness that my animals might develop, even if said illness might have been procured from the dog adopted from TTR.
- Vaccinations: ____________________________
- Heartworm test: ____________________________
- Heartworm prevention:
Brand ________ Dosage ________
Dates given ________ Next due ________
- Fecal test: ____________________________
- Blood work: ____________________________
- Dentistry: ____________________________
- Frontline: ____________________________
- Medication(s): ____________________________
- Health Condition(s): _______________________
- Behavioral Issue(s): ________________________
- Training Requirements:
Housebreaking accidents and urine marking should be expected during the adjustment period. Only supervised freedom should be permitted until the dog has had reasonable time to adjust to his/her new schedule and environment. ____________________________________________________
- The dog was recently spayed/neutered. Do not bathe until _____________.
- Recommendations: ________________________
The Special Conditions/Instructions have been explained to me. Initial _____
- The dog was spayed/neutered on __________ at ________________________.
- The dog was spayed/neutered prior to placement in TTR's care.
- I will never breed this dog if he/she has not been spayed or neutered by the time of adoption. I will take all necessary precautions to prevent this dog from breeding.
- I will have the dog spayed or neutered by a licensed veterinarian by __________, or when authorized by a licensed veterinarian as medically safe to do so. I will provide TTR with documentation from the veterinarian within 2 weeks after the procedure is performed. I will provide TTR with documentation from the veterinarian as to when spaying or neutering is recommended if not medically safe by the aforementioned date, or if this procedure should not be performed for sufficient medical reasons relating to the health and welfare of the dog.
I consent to the Spay/Neuter Agreement. Initial _____
I certify that I have never been convicted of animal cruelty, neglect, or abandonment by a court of law or other governmental authority.
I certify that I have read this adoption contract in full (all ___ pages), and that I understand all of the terms and conditions. I understand that if I made any misrepresentation about myself or home environment, or if I don't abide by all of the terms and conditions of this contract and my failure to do so in any way jeopardizes or adversely affects the health and welfare of the dog, that TTR can terminate this contract and reclaim the dog without notice, irrespective of any donation or other expenditures that I have made, and may pursue legal means to do so if necessary. I understand that TTR may pursue legal means to redress any harm done to the dog. I understand that this contract is legal and binding, and will be governed by the laws of the State of New York.
Printed name of new owner
_______________________________ Date ____________
Signature of new owner
_______________________________ Date ____________
Kathy McLoughlin, MBA
Tiny Treasures Rescue Inc.